Tuesday 21 June 2011

Lazy Day

Day 4: Streaky Bay

Well, this blog will be a quick one - two reasons - 1) We had a rest day (yay!!) 2) The 'nomadnet' Internet connection that I've been using is unavailable this evening for some reason - I'm therefore trialling tethering the net through my iPhone.  I'll see how it goes.

So, as I said, it was a rest day today. We felt we needed the rest after some mammoth days driving.

So, the day has been spent like this:
- Nick up early for a walk around town
- Kassie enjoyed a sleep in
- Nick went fishing and caught some squid
- Kassie explored town and did some blogging
- Nick came back and we went for a scenic drive including checking out a sea lion colony
- Wine and cheese prior to dinner (thanks Maryke for the lovely wine!)
- Nick cooked the squid for dinner (YUM!)

We took a fair few photos but I'll only post a few as I'm using my phone.

It goes without saying - a sea lion. Unfortunately even with Anna's great lens we were still too far away for a great shot.


The view on the way to the sea lions was amazing, if not a little surreal.  We were standing on a sand dune, looking at a wheat field with the ocean in the background.

Anyway, that's about it for today folks.  We're heading off west tomorrow. We'll probably camp in a national park somewhere along the Nullabor so you may not hear from us for a few days ... until next time ...

Nick's Wrap Up:
Glad we had: Squid jigs
Wish we had: More ideas on how to catch King George Whiting

No comments:

Post a Comment